Steam locomotives

   Fleischmann, Roco, Liliput and Piko 

 


  With individual sections dating from the 1870s, the S-Bahn came into existence in 1924. It was formed as the network of suburban commuter railways running into Berlin was converted from steam operation to a third-rail electric railway. The resulting network was primarily above-ground but with some subsurface tunnels.

Services on the Berlin S-Bahn were at first provided by the German national railway, the Deutsche Reichsbahn. Electrification of the existing suburban lines was completed around 1929, and thoughts turned to a new project: a tunnel that would join two spur lines that protruded into the city centre from the north and south. This tunnel, to be known as the Nord Süd Bahn, was a prestige project for the Nazis, and was opened in two sections. The first, from the north to Unter den Linden, opened in time for the 1936 Berlin Olympics; the final section, via Potsdamer Platz, opened the month after the Second World War began, in October 1939

Roco Berliner S-Bahn    
  The Prussian state railways' Class P 10 were 2-8-2 "Mikado" type passenger-hauling steam locomotives built for hauling heavy express trains in the hilly and mountainous terrain of the Mittelgebirge. They were the last Prussian passenger train steam locomotives to be developed in Prussia before the state railways were merged into the Deutsche Reichsbahn (German Imperial Railway), who eventually designated them as DRG Class 39.

The design by Borsig, under the supervision of chief engineer August Meister, was ready in 1919 but, due to material shortages, no locomotives were produced until 1922. They were three-cylinder locomotives, all cylinders driving the second coupled axle. Three sets of Walschaerts valve gear were used, the one for the inside cylinder being mainly located inside the frame, but driven from the same eccentric crank as the valve gear on the left-hand side; two eccentric rods of different lengths being attached to the same crank.
The vehicles were originally equipped with Prussian 2'2' T 31,5 tenders. The Deutsche Bundesbahn fitted many of the surviving examples with Witte smoke deflectors and 2'2' T 34 tenders. The last three engines were stabled in Stuttgart and taken out of service in 1967.
Fleischmann P10    
  The Pt 2 / 3 of the Royal Bavarian State Railways were two-cylinder steam tank engines for light passenger trains. They were manufactured by Krauss 1909-1915. With its characteristic shape with the great distance between the barrel axis and the under the combustion chamber two driving axles, they have the upper hand against comparable type Pt 2 / 4 and were able, after removing the initial deployment requirements still be used to the years 1960 on the German sidelines.

A total of 97 locs were made in three series with only slightly difference . Until 1937, 50 machines were equipped with Bissel-axis (axis of classification changes 1'b 1B). The distance between the leading axle shafts and the other changed from 4000 mm to 4050 mm in the last six locs. This resulted in an affordable, economically sensible lightweight machine that is ideal in use.
 
Fleischmann 707001  70-091    
  The Deutsche Reichsbahn Gesellschaft listed 78 engines of the Prussian T 8 as the new series 89.0 in the final reclassification plan of 1925. The operational area of the engines had in the meantime changed significantly and was now mainly outside the Prussian provinces. The strongholds were now the divisions of Dresden and Stuttgart, whereas only a few locomotives of the Altona and Hanover divisions were still in service in the ports of Bremen and Hamburg. The Dresden locomotives were spread all over Saxony, whereas T 8 engines could be seen in Württemberg in Friedrichshafen, Aulendorf and Freudenstadt.
The onset of the global economic crises and the numerous engines purchased at the end of the war soon made the BR 89.0 dispensable.
Some engines went to private and works railways, the rest were decommissioned and scrapped. As a result of the nationalisation of the Mecklenburgischer Friedrich Wilhelm Eisenbahn und Lokalbahn AG, however, four locomotives returned to the stock of the state railway now known as DRB at the end of the 1930s.

 
Fleischmann 89-1319    
  The German Railway has filed a single-class passenger train tender locomotive wheel arrangement 1'C1 'low axle load in its numbering plan as class 64th The Series 64 was developed from 1926. They were built between 1928 and 1940. Many manufacturers participated in it from Germany.

Parts of the engine and boilers were taken from the series 24th They had, up to 10 copies, which had a Krauss-Helmholtz-frame, bissel-drive. The vehicles from the number 64 368 were 10 cm longer than the previous one. After a then fashionable women's haircut got this machine, nicknamed the "bob-line".

After the Second World War 393 engines were still left of which 278 went to the German Federal Railways and 115 of the German State Railways. The 64 311 remained in Austria after 1945 and made the turn at ÖBB 64th. In Poland remaining locomotives were given the name of the PKP OKl2. In 1968 there were at the Federal Railroad 60 machines in use. 20 locomotives of Class 64 are ,mostly in Germany, have been preserved
BR 064-389-0    
  The series was a 89.0 tank locomotive and freight train locomotive unit of the German Railways. She was the smallest unit of locomotives, which was provided by the state railway in service. While the operating numbers  89001-89003 were delivered as  "Naßdampfmaschinen" as were the other seven steam locomotives "heissdampf locs. Since no Prussian T 8 (89001-078) excists in the portfolio of the German railways anymore, could this number range be used for a second time.
From the 10 machines came after the Second World War five for the Polish State Railways (Polskie Koleje Państwowe) and five for the German State Railways.

The last locomotive of this series,89 008 was in 1968 in the Bw Dresden-Altstadt put out of service and was retained for the Transport Museum, Dresden as Traditionslok. Since 1992, the machine is owned by the railway enthusiasts in Mecklenburg Schwerin.
Although this series was never in the German railways in operation, they found, interestingly, in the vehicle list of the Federal Railways.
Fleischmann 89-005    
  After the initial classification by a newly established DRG, which predominantly mainline locomotives were included from 1925 they were also working on the sidelines locomotives branch, with a high degree of interchangeability of parts was planned. The first specimens were obtained from Schichau and Linke-Hofmann, the last of the 95 locomotives were built by other manufacturers between 1928 and 1939. The locomotives were used by 11 departments. In Western and Eastern Prussia, they were nicknamed steppe horse.

The DB had more than 47 locomotives acquired and put themout of service between 1960 and 1966. The last loc in the DB, the locomotive with the number 24067, which was established in August 1966 Rheydt and was taken out of service.
Fleischmann 64-389-0    
  After the initial classification by a newly established DRG, which predominantly  included mainline locomotives they started from 1925 also with the sideline locomotives branch, with a high degree of interchangeability of parts was planned. The first locomotives were obtained from Schichau and Linke-Hofmann, the last of the 95 locomotives built by other manufacturers between 1928 and 1939. The locomotives were used by 11 departments of the DRG. In Western and Eastern Prussia became the nickname "steppe horse".

The DB had more than 47 locomotives acquired and put them out of service between 1960 and 1966. The last one in the DB, the locomotive with the number 24067, which was established in August 1966 in Rheydt and was taken out of service
Fleischmann 24-074    
 

The Deutsche Reichsbahn took over 4 class H saturated steam locomotives and 17 class Hh superheated steam locomotives. They were incorporated in the fleet as 57 301 to 304 and 57 401 to 417. They remained with the State Railway Directorate in Stuttgart, but were soon replaced by more powerful machines on their regular route and then distributed to other areas. 
In 1925 these locomotives were with the Deutsche Reichsbahn and were based at depots in Aalen, Calw, Freudenstadt and Heilbronn. Due to the economic crisis at the end of the twenties, these locomotives were then taken out of service and in 1935 the last one was eventually relegated to the sidings.

 
Roco 57-3468    
 

In the search for a new, fast, goods train locomotive, the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft (DRG) in 1934 was attracted by the proposal from the Berliner Maschinenbau (BMAG, formerly Louis Schwartzkopff) for a 2-8-2 (1'D1'h2) engine.

From October 1938, the first full-scale production Class 41 locomotives were ordered by the now renamed (since February 1937) Deutsche Reichsbahn (DRB). All the well-known locomotive manufacturers in Germany participated in the building of the locomotives, including BMAG, Borsig, Maschinenfabrik Esslingen, Henschel & Sohn, Arnold Jung Lokomotivfabrik, Krauss-Maffei, Krupp, Orenstein & Koppel and Schichau.

After the Second World War, 216 engines went into the Deutsche Bundesbahn fleet and 122 were left in the hands of the DR in East Germany. There is evidence that, in addition, 22 locomotives were left in the former Reichsbahn railway division of Breslau in Poland and later incorporated into the Polish State Railways

Because the boiler of these engines suffered from metal fatigue, they began to be repaired in the 1950s. Between 1957 and 1961, 107 vehicles were fitted with fully welded boilers, like those installed on the Class 03.10. In addition the front part of the frame and the running plate were changed. Forty examples were converted to oil-firing with heavy oil. From 1968, these were designated as Class 042. 
Fleischmann BR41 (Oil burner)    
  The #4000 0-4-0-tank engine is a generic model. In the beginning of the century, several manufactures offered these light engines. Customers were branchlines and large industries (coal mines & iron works). Build by Maffei 1909.
Fleischmann 4000  "Anna"    
  The freight locomotives of the Prussian T 4.3 1903-1907 series were produced by the company Union for the Prussian state railways. With the objective to improve the functional properties of three coupled vehicles developed, the handling characteristics convinced, so the speed limit was set at 60 km / h. but were soon overloaded by the increasing loads. They were in a mixed service and Eilgüterzugdienst used primarily on the eastern lines. In total, only 63 copies were produced, in the DRG renumbering plan for steam locomotives in 1923 as 39 53 296 and 297 and 53301-337 numbered. In 1925 were still about 28 around which were classified 53301-328. They were used until the late 1920s. After the outbreak of the Second World War, three locomotives 53 7751-7753 were taken over from Danzig in the stock of Reischsbahn.
These vehicles were equipped with a tender type PR or PR 3 3 10.5 T T 12.
 
Fleischmann 53-320    
  The steam locomotive type Prussian G 8.1 was conducted by Robert Garbe developed of the G-8 and was initially referred to as "Enhanced normal pattern. " She had a larger boiler and a resulting higher weight, this increased the friction traction as well. The high axle load could the 8.1 G used only on main routes. Here working area was heavy freight traffic and heavy shunting.

The G 8.1, the most commonly built railway locomotive and second after the 20-year later built DRB Class 52 locomotives the most ever in Germany. For the Prussian state railways and, most recently for the German railways were only 4958 copies produced. 137 received the Imperial Railways in Alsace-Lorraine (see Alsace-Lorraine G 8.1), ten of the Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg Friedrich-Franz Railway, 50 the German army trains in the First World War, six or ten, the union, German Emperor, and 185 were sold to foreign countries (Poland, Romania, Sweden). More than 1,000 vehicles were still there after the Second World War. In 1968, the DR had 150 vehicles and the DB 50 which she described as a series 55 from 1968. The last G 8.1 of the German Federal Railways, the 055538-3, was on 21 December 1972 removed from service.
Fleischmann 55-2875    
  In the development of the Reichsbahn were the locomotives of various private railway companies merged into series called "Baureihe. The establishment of the DRG several companies had already worked together to develop new locomotives. When the companies were given a number according to the customs of the society. By combining these locomotives in a series was often a subcategory made that indicated the origin of the locomotive.
This machine was a further development of the P8 was designed for hauling fast passenger trains. The example of the locomotive by Roco was released was originally with the number 17 1137 by the Prussian State Railways (KPEV) commissioned by the Henschel locomotive factory. This series would get the designation S10.1. The order was made in 1911, and this while the order of the first set of locomotives to Schwartzkopff still ongoing. Of the first set of 202 locomotives were built, the Lübeck-Büchener Eisenbahn got 5 locomotives, although it was a slightly lighter version. The second series were ordered 135 copies which were delivered between 1911 and 1914
These locomotives were by Deutsche Bahn in service until 1952.
The ROCO BR 17 1166 i    
 

The Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft's BR 01 steam locomotives were the first standardised (Einheitsdampflokomotive) steam express passenger locomotives built by the unified German railway system. They were of 4-6-2 "Pacific" wheel arrangement in the Whyte notation, or 2'C1' in the UIC classification. The idea of standardisation was that it would reduce maintenance costs; i.e. if a BR 01 whose engine shop was in, say, Berlin broke down in Dresden, instead of having to ship the necessary part from Berlin and take the locomotive out of service, a part from the Dresden shop could be used as all of the engines, parts, and workings were exactly the same and produced nationwide. Thus it was a "standard" product for engine shops.The firms of AEG and Borsig, who were the main manufacturers of these engines, together with Henschel, Hohenzollern, Krupp and BMAG previously Schwartzkopff, delivered a total of 231 examples of this Einheitsdampflokomotive between 1926 and 1938 for the fast passenger services of the Deutsche Reichsbahn. Even in the 1930s the employment of Class 01s was limited to the relatively few routes that had already been modified to take a 20 ton axle load. The

Fleischmann 01-220 (2x), 01-182 en Roco 01-125
  Class 01s were equipped with 2'2 T 30, 2'2' T 32 or 2'2' T 34 tenders. Class 01 locomotives remained in service with the Deutsche Bundesbahn until 1973. In the DR, they were still working up to the early 1980s, largely in their original state with large smoke deflectors. They were legendary in their last years for hauling the D-Zug services on the Berlin-Dresden route up to autumn 1977. Only on the appearance of the large, Soviet DR Class 132 diesel locomotives were the almost 50 year-old express train locomotives of Class 01 finally forced out of scheduled services in the GDR.

 

 

 

 

BR 01    
  The 0-4-0-tank engine is a generic model. In the beginning of the century, several manufactures offered these light engines. Customers were branchlines and large industries (coal mines & iron works). Build by Maffei 1909.
Fleischmann lok nr 5 Maffei    
  The steam engine BR 10 is obvious the result of wrong expectations. The railways were changing in a fast way in the fifties and sixties. At the beginning of the fifties the railway directors thought for example that due to rising of the number of express trains the need for fast express train steam engines was also rising. New steam engines had to replace the old DRG steam engine types. But due to the electrifying of the mainlines and new modern diesel locomotives, the need for steam engines was go down quickly. These developments were not predictable at the beginning of the fifties.

The express train steam engines of the series BR 10 were the first (and also the last) new steam engines built by the Deutsche Bundesbahn. The BR 10 had to replace the series BR 01.10 and BR 03.10. They wanted to replace these steam engines by a powerful and lightweight 1'C1'h2 steam engine.

In 1950 the HVB in Offenbach instructed the Eisenbahnzentralamt (EZA) in Göttingen to design a new steam engine. They had to comply with an exact performance program which was laid down. For example they required that the locomotive had an axle load of 20 ton and a maximum speed of 130 km/u.
Roco BR10 001    
   The series 3:10 was a development of the 03 series, similar to the locomotives of Class 01.10, which emerged from the series 01. The plan was to produce 140 units. Due at the beginning of World War II and the conversion of production to "war"products, only 60 locomotives were completed.

This locomotive was attached to a unit of type 2'2'T34 tender, which was streamlined on delivery. The products manufactured by the companies Borsig, Krupp and Krauss-Maffei vehicles were covered with a streamlined motor closed or recessed apron. The vehicles had the numbers 03 1001-1022, 1903
1043-1060 and 1073-1092 03.

After the war, 45 locomotives were in Germany. 26 stayed with the German railway and 19went to the German State Railway in the late GDR. Nine other locomotives came to the Polish State Railways PKP (Pm3). A machine (03 1092) had to be withdrawn in 1944 because of war damage.
 
  In April 1933, representatives from Henschel and the coach firm of Wegmann & Co. handed a Study Into A High-Speed Train (Studie über einen schnellfahrenden Dampfzug) to the general manager of the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft, Julius Dorpmüller.
On 10 January 1934, when the Reichsbahn locomotive expert, Friedrich Fuchs, met the representatives of Henschel and Wegmann, he confronted them however with a proposal for a train with four eight-wheeled coaches instead of the two-coach train. To meet this new requirement, Henschel designed a 4-6-4 tank engine and presented the resulting project study report on 27 March 1934 to the Reichsbahn head office. On 28 August, the Reichsbahn officially contracted Henschel and Wegmann to build the train. The engine was handed over on 31 May 1935. She was cleared for a top speed of 175 km/h which, with her 2.3 metre diameter driving wheels, was easily attained. In scheduled services the engine ran with a streamlined train, but only at speeds up to 160 km/h. The tapered water tanks gave both driver and fireman a good all-round view of the line and the streamlined shell, officially called a Blechmantel, covered the driving gear fully. Shortly after construction had begun on locomotive 61 001, a variant - number 61 002 - was planned, and built in 1939. Locomotive 61 002 was give a three-axle trailing bogie, a third cylinder and larger coal and water tanks, otherwise the design and the components were the same as her predecessor. It also had smoke deflectors above on the chimney, as were also fitted to the streamlined locomotives of DRG Classes 01.10 and 03.10. In May the first factory trial runs were carried out and the locomotive was transferred on 12 June 1939 to the locomotive depot (Bahnbetriebswerk) of Berlin-Grunewald
The Henschell Wegmann (Lima)    
  When the Deutsche Bundesbahn was founded in 1949 they have at their's disposal 54 steam engines of the series BR 01.10. The need for express train locomotives was high at that moment. Only the 01 1067 was immediately taken out of service because of extensive damage. The DB removed all streamline plates in 1949. The streamline plates had no advantage anymore, and the driving wheels were hardly accessible for maintenance staff. Moreover the streamline plates were making the steam engines more heavier and there were not much railway lines where they could run more than 130 km/h, considering the longer braking way and block sections for enough safety measures.

The steam engines were rebuilt and the streamline plates were removed and the locomotives got "Witte" smoke deflectors. In this new state the steam engines were hardly distinguished from the other BR 01 steam engines. You could recognise the BR 01.10 when you look to the water heater which is located under the door of the smoke box.

 
Liliput BR 01-10    
   
 

Three locomotives were in the Soviet Union. because due to track damage, the speed limit on highways was reduced, were streamlined shall no longer be profitable and, for all machines (except 03 in 1079, the DR, who retired in 1951, and the Polish and Soviet machine) , not least because of the difficult service panels removed.

 

 

 

 


 

Fleischmann BR03-1001 and BR3-1074    
  LILIPUT 100523 BR 05 001 Stromlinie rot DR / Ep.II

(HO scale) Express train 4-6-4 locomotive class BR05 001 of the German Deutsche Reichsbahnen DRG in the 1930s red streamlined version with gold striping. Epoch II, locomotive metal frame, tender metal frame and body, 5-pole motor with flywheel, sprung buffers, short coupling between locomotive and tender, bi-directional headlights, factory-equipped Seuthe smoke generator, DCC-ready with NEM652 interface, length: 313mm.

 
Liliput BR05-001    
  The T 16.1 of the Royal Prussian State Railways, a cargo tank engine. She was also commissioned by the National Railways of Alsace-Lorraine (six copies) were built, including the reclassification of the German railways in the years 1913-1924 there was a total of 1242 locomotives built.

With the introduction of the new series with the DB scheme in 1968 the locomotives of the German railways were classified for 094-Series.  The German railways in the DDR were classified in 1970 in the Series 94.1.

In addition to the heavy goods locomotives, they were also deployed for a few steep sections, like Suhl-Schleusingen, Boppard-simmering, Dillenburg-wishers, Ilmenau-Schleusingen, Erkrath high Dahl and Rastatt-Freudenstadt . For this purpose, the machines were equipped with a Riggenbach counter-pressure brake. Thus, these lines didn't need the expensive, time consuming operation for cogwheel.
Fleischmann BR 94 (4094)    
  The 1939-built single-class freight locomotives of class 50 with a leading run-axis and five driving axles are among the most successful designs of the German Railways. 3164 untill 1948 machines of the 80 km / h Class 50 locomotives from nearly all European factories - most recently as a temporary war locomotive 50 ÜK -were built. The Romanian State Railways CFR could recreate in 1947-1959 282 locomotives.

At the end of the steam locomotive era, they have become a universal genre, thanks to the low axle load on branch lines with lighter permanent way (railway) could be used.

 

Fleischmann BR 050 (4179)    
  The 050-053 series is defined as the old DB Class 50 Steam Locomotive, which was simplified to the final series production during the war was 52. The 050 is simplified in 50.  The 051, 052,053 is the other type's of the 50 series that were more and more simplified. The 050 and 051 differ in a few features


The numbering could not handle  more than 1000 per series, here there were more 50s so it was with numbers above 1000 were 051, above 2000 052 and above 3000 above 053.

Fleischmann 1177 HO DB BR 051 628-6    
  In 1906 the ministry of railways ordered ten superheated 4-6-0 locomotives which became known as the P8. The boiler was well designed and the P8's could maintain a max. speed of 100km/h. The good reputation of the P8 became well known throughout Germany. The KPEV purchased a total of 3370 units. More than 3000 P8's were in use by the Reichsbahn (DR) and became designated BR38's before WW2. As many as 300 were still in service after WW2 between the DR and DB. The Deutsche Bundesbahn (DB) installed Witte smoke deflectors and many of them received tub tenders. Some BR38's remained in service until 1968 in East Germany
Fleischmann DRG BR 38    
  Between 1927 and 1928 39 vehicles were produced, having been built in the locomotive factories of Jung in Jungenthal, Union Gießerei in Königsberg, Wolf and Hohenzollern. With the development of the Class 80, a relatively economical and simple locomotive class, it was hoped that the cost of shunting duties would come down.

After they had been on duty, prior to the Second World War, primarily in the area of Leipzig (including the shunting of post vans) and Cologne, 22 units went into the DR in East Germany, post-1945, and 17 to the Deutsche Bundesbahn. They were in service with the DR until 1968.

In the Federal Republic of Germany, the last Bundesbahn engine was taken out of service in 1965. Several examples survived in the Ruhrgebiet until 1977 as industrial locomotives with the Ruhrkohle AG.
 
Fleischmann 80-005    
  The class C of the Württembergischen Staatseisenbahnen (KWSt.E) under the name " Schöne Württemberg" known. It was undoubtedly one of the most successful steam locomotives. The relatively young, but not particularly severe stock of locomotives for passenger trains KWSt.E would require strengthening of the century. The 6 km long Geislinger Steige in Württemberg with a gradient of 23 ‰ was by increasing train weights too much for locomotives of Series AD, ADH, and E. The locomotive Esslingen factory was commissioned in 1908 to a 2'C1 'drive to build four-cylinder engine. This locomotive was for a train on the flat land of 350 t with a speed of 100 km / h to pull. Beginning 1909, the first five locomotives type C were supplied, in all respects this was a unique structure. Once delivered, it sufficed every test with flying colors, so drove the locomotive trains with 478 ton an increase of 4 ‰ with a speed of 90 km / h. Machinefabrik Esslingen gave a total of 41 specimens from 1909 to 1921. The express train locomotives of type C are one of the finest and best locomotives of this type. Although the locomotive based on the size of the smallest 2'C1 'locomotives belonged, he was regarded as very powerful and economical.
the Roco 43216 württembergische Typ C    
  After the success of the record-holding Bavarian S 2/6 locomotive, Hammel designed a Pacific engine for Bavaria, based on the Class IVf engines built by Maffei for the Baden State Railways. This new express locomotive, the Bavarian S 3/6 (later the DRG Class 18.4-5), illustrated left, was a major success and continued to be built by the DRG. For many enthusiasts this is the most beautiful German steam locomotive and its popularity is testified by the numerous models produced in recent years.

See the next photo for the BR18, which was the S 3/6. Now it's DRG

Liliput S3/6  K Bay Sts Bahn    
  Continue from above, the S 3/6 as DRG BR18.4

The DRG took over all locomotives and gave them the indication BR 18.4. The locomotives got the numbers: 18 401 up to 18 478 (the numbers 18 435 up to 440 and 18 459 and 460 were not used). The locomotives of the series d and e got the numbers: 18 441 up to 18 449 and 18 450 up to 18 458. The series g got the numbers: 18 425 up to 18 434. The 18 434 was after the second world war located in Dresden and was exchanged with the DR for the 18 314 (Bad. IV a).

These locomotives were used for the Rheingold.

 Liliput BR18    
  The first locomotives of the K.Sächs.Sts.EB were sophisticated types of English production. They had two coupled axles of type B and type 1Bon later locomotives. Also 1A1 type locomotives were initially purchased. These designs were used on the main routes wich were relatively long and, in 1870 there were 2'B type locomotives (VIIIb1) in use. On the side lines and shunting had the B-links prevail. Since the early 1890s, the locomotives were purchased with three coupled axles.
From that moment more locomotives to the various applications (freight and passenger trains) were made suitable. The other line profiles (flat at the north and northeast and mountainous in the south and southwest) are different structures required . After 1900 there was a more rapid introduction of new generations. 2'C types of locomotives followed by 2'C1 (XVIII H) and 1'D1 (XX HR) in the transport, 1'C1 (XIV HT) in the transport and 1'D (H IX) and E (IX, V and XI HT) in the goods. While the private Leipzig-Dresden line tbought heir locomotives from various manufacturers, the locomotives  by the state railways were almost exclusively  developed and delivered by deSaksen Maschinenfabrik based in Chemnitz,
PikoK.Sächs.Sts.E.B Sächs.XIV 1831    
  The physically identical T 13 locomotives of the Prussian state railways, the Imperial Railways in Alsace-Lorraine and the Grand Duchy of Oldenburg State Railways were goods train, tank locomotives with an 0-8-0T wheel arrangement. They were primarily employing on shunting duties. Between 1910 and 1916 a total of 512 were built by various manufacturers for the Prussian state railways. As a result of heavy losses after the First World War, another 72 were ordered by the Deutsche Reichsbahn and 12 by the Saar Railways which were delivered in 1921 and 1922. The Imperial Railways in Alsace-Lorraine also had 60 T 13s and Oldenburg had ten of this class.

They were incorporated in 1925 into the DRG renumbering plan for steam locomotives as DRG Class 92.5–10 and given operating numbers 92 501–913 and 92 1001–1072. Of these, numbers 92 585–588, 92 606, 92 607, 92 910–913 were locomotives that originated in the Grand Duchy of Oldenburg State Railways and 92 732–738 from the Imperial Railways in Alsace-Lorraine
The Deutsche Bundesbahn retired the last engine in 1965 at Kassel locomotive depot (Bahnbetriebswerk or Bw); the Reichsbahn followed suit in 1968

 

Trix 2412 92168DR    
  The Wannseebahn runs largely parallel to the Stamm Railway between Berlin and Potsdam, with its opening in 1838 the first railway in Prussia. On 1 July 1874, the so-called Alte Wannseebahn in use, a suburbanline which starts in Zehlendorfand after the villa districts Nikolassee and Wannsee crossed to connect back to the mainline with the Griebnitzsee. The old Wannseebahn was the first railway in Berlin exclusively for suburban trains built.In the 1880s was the Stamm Bahn partly lifted, allowing level crossings be removed. At the same time, parallel and between teh mainline a separate pair of tracks exclusively for suburban trains whre layed. This Neue Wannseebahn came into operation on 1 October 1891 and was the first of its kind in Germany. There was a special reduced rate for city introduced.
The Berlin Potsdamer Bahnhof, terminus of the railway Stammbahn, had meanwhile become the largest hub of local trains in the German capital developed. In order to increase capacity was on the west side the Wannseebahnhof built where the suburb trains Wannseebahn 1891 used as  end station. The actual Potsdamer Bahnhof was henceforth destined for long-distance traffic. Between 1900 and 1902 the Wannseebahn the first pilot plant in Berlin with electric drive (750 V DC) instead. The city service would be another three decades dominated by steam trains

After the municipal transport company BVG in 1984 overtook the western part of the Berlin S-Bahn, they decided re-employ the Wannseebahn again. After extensive work on the neglected line where on 1 February 1985 for the first time S-Bahn trains riding between Potsdamer Platz and Wannsee. After the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989, the trains went back through the historical center of former East Berlin to the north of the city. In 1992, finally the classical connection Wannsee - Oranienburg was restored.
FL Sonderzug zum Wannsee T3 6141 Berlin    

    
  Casy@casy-place.com