Fleischmann, Roco, Liliput
The railcars of series ET 11 were the first electric locomotive speed of
the German State Railroad Company (DRG).
In 1933, the DRG three prototypes designed for a 160 km / h two-part rapid rail car in order, initially planned for the converted to electric operation traject Munich-Berlin. The vehicles elT elT 1900 to 1902 later to type designation ET 11 (1941) were delivered in the years 1935 to 1937 and tested.
The locomotives survived the war intact, and after the end of the war they where added to the German Federal Railways (DB) and rebuilt several times. 1952 in use between Munich and Salzburg and 1957-1959 as the F-train "Münchner Kindl" between Frankfurt (Main) and Munich. By the still small electrified network and the limited space for passengers they caused problems for a meaningful Use, and they were completely out of service in 1961
ET 11 01 1964 on rail service vehicle 5015ab Mu, Mu later rebuilt 1001/1002 and in 1968 the number 723001-4.
|Liliput ieL 1901 DRG|
Based on the prototype DRG Class SVT 877 there were four different
subclasses and one experimental train:
"Bauart Hamburg", two sections, Jacobs bogies, 604 kW, 2’Bo’2’, No 137 149 - 152
"Bauart Leipzig", three sections, Jacobs-bogies, 884 kW, 2'Bo'Bo'2', No 137 153 – 154 and 137 233 – 234, DR 183 251
"Bauart Köln", three sections, 14 built, conventional bogies "Bauart Görlitz", 882 kW / 956 kW, 2'Bo'+2'2'+Bo'2', 160 t, 132 Seats, No 137 273 - 278 and 137 851 - 858.
"Bauart Berlin", four sections including a power / postal car, single slow running diesel 970 kW, 2'Bo'2'2'+'2'2'+Bo'2', 210.6 t, 126 seats, No 137 901 - 902
SVT 137 155, designed by the constructor of the Schienenzeppelin, Franz Kruckenberg, . The construction led to the DB Class VT 10.5, DB Class VT 11.5 and the DR Class VT 18.16 Most SVT 137 were diesel-electric, two SVT 137 Bauart Leipzig had a diesel-hydraulic transmission. Three sections of the SVT 137 902 were originally from the Dutch NS streamline '36 and used in this train.They didn't return to the NS after the war.
The railcar-137 058 137075-079 067 are two series of trains, which were
originally built with 302 kW power for the DRG as a unit with express
Besides the fast trains, the famous "flying" train, would appoint the 302 kW motor vehicles with trailers in the thirties the image of the modern railway. This was reinforced when entire regions such as the Ruhr and the Dresden area traffic imposed on motor vehicles.
The vehicles shown here with "Eilzugwagengrundriss" were specially purchased for traffic in the Ruhr area and surrounding Dresden in the years 1934 and 1935. They were produced in four series, they were somewhat different in the vehicle chassis, the power and electrical equipment. For them, a special type of carriage type 145 and a large number of railcars purchased to make the formation of trains possible.
|Li VT137 Diesel Triebwagen|
|After the great success of the two "Gläserne Züge" ET 91, DRG ordered for the non-electrified lines three diesel motorcars. The VT 137 240 was delivered in 1936, 137462-463 VT in 1939. After the war, the DB could take over two motor cars and classified them as VT 90 500 and 501. The VT 90 501 was painted wine-red.|
|Liliput 112802 Diesel Antriebwagen DB VT90501|
The trainsets of Class VT 11.5 (often simply called TEE) were diesel
multiple units built by Deutsche Bundesbahn in the 1950s and used for
Trans Europ Express services. When the new numbering scheme of the
German railways became effective on January 1, 1968, the power heads of
the trainsets were renamed to Class 601 whilst the middle cars became
Class 901.The first trains were commissioned in 1957 and used on the
following international TEE lines:
TEE 31/32 Rhein-Main Frankfurt/Main – Amsterdam
TEE 74/75 Saphir Dortmund – Oostende
TEE 77/78 Helvetia Hamburg Altona – Zürich
TEE 168/185 Paris-Ruhr Dortmund – Paris Nord
In the 1960s, due to ongoing electrification, lines like the TEE Helvetia where changed to electric locomotive-hauled train sets. The diesel trains were used on new TEE lines in 1965:
TEE 155/190 Parsifal Hamburg Altona – Paris Nord
TEE 25/26 Diamant Dortmund – Antwerpen
TEE 19/20 Saphir Frankfurt/M – Oostende
In 1971 DB started their new first class only InterCity system, using the 601 mainly for non-electrified routes. The regular maximum speed was set to 160 km/h for 7 unit trains. For trains up to 10 units the 602 was used. In 1979 the InterCity system was expanded and second class compartments were introduced for these trains, meaning the end of 601/602 use for these trains.
From 1980 the 601/901 was used for special tourist services. The trains had ten units, sometimes two trainsets were coupled to a twenty unit train. This "Alpen-See-Express" ran scheduled from Hamburg and Dortmund to southern German and Austrian destinations like Berchtesgaden, Lindau, Innsbruck, Salzburg. This service ended in 1988, when all 601s except the two scrapped, 601 002 and 901 403, were sold to Italy.
|Roco VT 11.5 plus extension (3 extra cars)|
|Very elegant train of Italian Railways (FS). In 1957 the first train on the track for the TEE Milan-Munich service. In total, nine of these sets were in 1972 used for the TEE services. The letters TEE disappeared after 1972 from these trains and they were mainly used in express trains in southern Italy (Bari region). Later the south was exchanged for the north and regions such as Venice and the Dolomites became their home. In 1999 came an end to the deployment. One copy is nowadays still be admired in the Museo della Scienza e Tecnica in Milan.|
|Roco FS treinstel 448/460|
The DB and DR developed about the same time a V100. They both were
called V100 what is related to the former numbering system of the German
Railways: Diesel locomotives were indicated by a V (Verbrennungsmotor)
followed by a number that indicated the ability of the locomotive. In
this case, it locomotives with a capacity of about 1000 PS
(Pferdestärke). The locomotives have a diesel hydraulic drive. To heat
the carriages a boiler was built in.
The V100 of the DB was built between 1958 and 1966. There were two versions: the numbers from 1001 to 1365 V100 (from 1968 Baureihe 211) and V100 from 2001 to 2381 (from 1968 Baureihe 212). The latter had a more powerful engines. A few locomotives of this series had a hydrodynamic brake, so they were fit to serve on steep slopes (from 1968 Baureihe 213). From the DB V100 is the engine V90 (Baureihe 290) derived .
|Fleischmann V1002075(3X) and the 212-381-8|
|Roco DB 381-001-4|
The DB had a shortage of small shunters. As a result, in 1951, a diesel shunter was designed, almost all the major locomotive firms being involved in its development and production. The new class was initially called the V 60. In 1955 the first prototype locomotives, V 60 001–004, were delivered by Krupp, Krauss-Maffei, Mak and Henschel, each having different engines. Later that same year orders for the first production locomotives were issued; they were to have GTO 6 or GTO 6A motors from Maybach. Several of the locomotives were given a stronger frame and had a higher adhesive weight of 53 tonnes instead of 48.3–49.5 tonnes. In addition these engines could carry up to an extra 6 tonnes of ballast for heavy duties, however they continued to be classed as V 60s. A total of 942 locomotives of this class were built. In 1968 the V 60s, like all other DB locomotives were given computer readable numbers. At this point the class was divided into Classes 260 (light variant) and 261 (heavy variant).
The Uerdingen railbus (German: Uerdinger Schienenbus) is the common term
for the multiple units which were developed by the German firm of
Waggonfabrik Uerdingen for the Deutsche Bundesbahn and private railways
after the Second World War. These vehicles were diesel-powered,
twin-axle railbuses of light construction. The diesel motors were built
into the chassis underneath the vehicle. The VT 95 (later DB Class 795)
and VT 98 (later DB Class 798) of the former Deutsche Bundesbahn in
particular, are associated with this concept. These vehicles were
employed in passenger train duties on branch lines where steam or diesel
train operations were less profitable. Including the units built under
licence, a total of 1,492 power cars were built from 1950 to 1971; and
the total number of units, including trailer and driving cars, was
The majority of these vehicles were built by the Waggonfabrik Uerdingen. However, due to the large numbers ordered, vehicles were also made by other coach builders such as MAN, although these factories could offer their own classes of railbus like the MAN railbus, and in Spain they were built by CAF, Macosa, and Verdingen as FER-560/FRC-560 Ferrobús (railbus).
The railbus, much loved by passengers, was also nicknamed the Rote Brummer (Red Buzzer) because of the loud noise it made when driving. In North Germany the railbus was also often known as the Ferkeltaxe (Piglet Taxi). Amongst railway fans it was also called the Retter der Nebenbahnen (Branch Line Saviour).
|Fleischmann DB 798-699-9/998-800-7|
|Fleischmann 4200 diesel hydraulic shunting series MVG made by Orenstein & Koppel|
|Five prototypes of the V 200 had been built by Krauss-Maffei in 1953/1954. Full production began in 1956, with 61 engines being built by Krauss-Maffei and 20 by MaK.The five V 200.0 prototypes were put through many trials and tests, the aim being to ensure the production locomotives would be as reliable as the technology and maintenance standards of the 1950s allowed. In 1955 one locomotive travelled under its own power through Yugoslavia, Greece and Turkey partly as a test and partly to demonstrate the locomotive's capability to potential customers in those countries. The V 200 hauled express trains on all main lines, replacing the DRG Class 05, DRG Class 03 and DRG Class 01. Following the electrification of the main lines the V 200 was used increasingly for commuter trains and freight trains, but the Hamburg-Westerland, Hamburg-Lübeck-Copenhagen and Munich-Lindau lines still saw the V 200 hauling express trains. From 1962, the V 200.0 was followed by the more powerful DB Class V 200.1, later Class 221.From 1977, the V 200.0s were concentrated in northern German engine sheds (Bahnbetriebswerke). The two-engined, diesel-hydraulics were more expensive to operate than single-engined, diesel-hydraulic locomotives like DB Class V 160. A further disadvantage was its steam heating system compared to electric train heating. The last V 200 went out of service with the DB in 1984.|
|Fleischmann V200035 (2x) en 221-111-8|
The series 215 is a diesel locomotive of the German Federal Railroad and later the Deutsche Bahn AG for easy travel and freight service on secondary roads, but may also work in mainlines. With the acquisition of locomotives from DB Cargo, the 225 series was ceated.
The locomotives of series 215 were purchased on a short term as a variant of the V160 family for passenger and cargo, and equipped, unlike other model variants of the V160 family, with Heizdampferzeugern. The plan was that they would form the V163 series. These locomotives should be later be converted in the 218 series. For this purpose they have already extended the 400-millimeter frame that previously only existed as a prototype. The main reason for the construction of the 215 Series is the 218-series had not yet reached production stage. DB still wanted the rest of the remaining steam locomotives replaced. In 1968-1970, a total of 150 locomotives were built.
The series 218 of the German Federal Railroad (DB) is a series of four-axle diesel locomotives. For many years they were the most numerous and most important of the West German main line diesel locomotives. They are still found in many non-electrified lines of the Deutsche Bahn and they are for passengers and freight express services in use.
The locomotives of class 218 were the least developed
member of the V-160 engine family. The many common developments of the
Series V 160 and V 169 (later 215-219) were combined in the 218, the
electric train heating was taken from the 217-series and the 1840-kW
motor (2500 hp) motor have been taken from the prototype 215-serie, an
extra dieselengine for the operation for the heating was now redundant.
|Fleischmann 218-350-7 (2x) en 218-306-9|